Welcome to another entry of ‘This Week at the Q’ and our top 5 highlights. It’s been a busy week continuing the product announcements from our expanded portfolio!
1. Continuing on the news from last week’s launch of our new expanded portfolio –covered here in Blocks & Files– this week we announced more details around ournext-gen StorNext® 7 high-performance file systemandActiveScaleTMobject storageadvancements.
2. This new byline by Matt Dewey on “Managing Complex Object Stores” just published in Disaster Recovery Journal. Object stores have found a home in the cloud and in data centers, becoming the repository for long-lived and high-value data.Read more hereto learn about use cases for object storage, its advantages in key markets, as well as some of the challenges it can present and what to consider.
3. We enjoyed connecting with the high-performance computing community this week at the virtual SC20 event. If we missed you, you can still check out this video interview we did with InsideHPC,“At Virtual SC20: Quantum Corp. Takes on High Performance Storage of Unstructured Data.”
4. Check out this new blog post, “Cyber Insurance Market is Evolving Due to Ransomware Demands.” You can learn how the cyber security insurance market is evolving amidst an increase in ransomware demands and payments. Insurance companies are starting to move the risk over to subscribers, requiring stricter controls.Read more here.
5. One of the reasons I love working at Quantum is the culture and the people I get to work with every day, and it is most definitely an honor to work with Liz King! Get to know Quantum’s CRO a little more in this new Authority Magazine article,”Women of the C-Suite: Liz King of Quantum.”
Leave a comment if there are topics you’d like to see added to our weekly top 5 happenings!